Relatives of Henry Adams.
--- 1st Generation ---
1. Benjamin1 Streeter was born on 25 November 1689 at Cambridge, Middlesex Co., Massachusetts. He died on 23 April 1690.
--- 2nd Generation ---
2. Stephen2 Streeter Lived in Charlestown, Watertown with wife Deborah in 1667, Muddy River (now
Brookline), and Cambridge. Reference: 2960. He was born on 9 December 1641 at Gloucester, Massachusetts. He married Deborah Smith on 16 May 1666 at Massachusetts. He died on 19 February 1689 at Cambridge, Massachusetts, at age 47.
3. Deborah2 Smith (see above)
--- 3rd Generation ---
4. Stephen3 Streeter A shoemaker. See 'A Genealogical History of the descendants of Stephen and Ursula Streeter of Gloucester, Massachusetts 1642 afterwards of Charlestown, Mass. 1644-1652', by Milford B. Streeter, 1826. Contains an account of the Streeters of Goudhurst, Kent, England. He probably arrived in New England about 1639-40. A conflicting account asserts he was baptized Sept. 8, 1594 at Tenderden Parish, Kent, England. He came to America about 1639/1640 arriving at Gloucester, Massachusetts. By 1644 he was a householder in Charlestown where he took the Freeman's Oath May 29, 1644.
His will was dated June 10, 1652, and probated in Cambridge. See 'The Streeter Family', by M.B. Streeter, 1896, for a copy of the will and other data. He was a shoemaker. Although unproven, it is quite possible that Stephen was the son of the Steven Streeter (d. 1616) of Kent who md. Katherine Barnes (Barins) in 1583. That Steven had received from his father various tools, leather, etc.
The names Streeter and Streete were once common in the south of England. Streete is more widely distributed, and may survive from the Danish occupation. The Danish form is Straeter, the German form is Streda. Streeters had lived in Kent for hundreds of years prior to Stephen's relocation to New England. Records survive for a Richard Streeter in Kent about 1426. Reference: 5920. He was born on 9 January 1600 at Goudhurst, Kent, England. He married Ursula Adams, daughter of Henry Adams and Edith Squire, on 5 October 1640 at Massachusetts. He died on 14 July 1652 at Massachusetts at age 52.
5. Ursula3 Adams (see above)
Return to Table of Contents
Created by The Genealogy Researcher on 9 Oct 2015 at 7:39 am.